The Trip to Michigan



Tennyson and I took a short trip to Michigan!

There was no way I was missing a chance to go back.
So Tennyson got a rental car and drove us there.

It was like a little road trip.

We talked about life.
We listened to Azealia Banks.

And the weird thing is...it felt normal.
This always happens.

It's like we do this every other weekend and
we don't really live half way across the world from each other.

So weird.

But I guess that's what happens when you're good friends.
You know, when you don't feel the gap of time and instantly re-connect?

Anyways, the number one reason
(actually the only reason)
we went back to Michigan was
to see this lovely girl!!!

And oh it was SO GOOD to see Danelle!!!




I haven't seen Danelle since 2005.
I was so so bummed when I couldn't go to her wedding.

And now she's a mother of two beautiful girls!



I loved every minute I got with her and her family.

We spent the afternoon
drawing all over their driveway.

So. Much. Fun.






Danelle is just as creative as ever!
(She was always the artsy one in grade school)

Look at the pretty driveway!

And now look at Danelle on the roof
doing her professional photographer thing!

She's crazy.

But I bet she got great pictures of pretty Lily.
(She is such a sweet heart, I love her poses!)




Tennyson and I butted into Lily's picture
and grabbed one of the three of us!

We had so much fun!

I wish I took writing class more seriously
so I could tell you how utterly charming Lily is!

She is so much like Danelle,
super smart and seriously cute as hell.

And even though I live on the other side of the world
I cannot wait to see how these girls grow up.



Aaaaand here is sweet Stella!

She'd just woken up from her nap
and probably wondering who the asian woman is :D



This girl is such a jewel.

She has this amazing talent of being able to
walk around in any size shoes.

Look at her in my shoes!

She was skipping around the living room and
wearing them like they weren't twice the size of her own feet.

So funny.





I haven't seen these girls in over 5 years
and I was so happy to see them!

I get sentimental and nostalgic
every time I got back to Michigan.

But getting to catch up with old friends is my favorite part.
Oh, and of course, taking a whole bunch of pictures! :D

Labels: , ,