The Ningen Dock (aka Physical Exam)


Turning thirty is a huge turning point for women.
(or maybe just me...whatever.)

And one of the things I'd been dreading
finally came the other day.

The Ningen Dock.
(dum-da-dum-dummm.)

Ningen Dock is a full physical exam,
much more thorough than regular checkups.
(you can see my exam menu here.)

And in my company, after you turn thirty
you take this exam every year.

Most parts of the exam are fine
but I've been dreading the endoscope exam.

It came at the very end of the whole exam.

I'd been reading A Time To Kill
to kill the time waiting between exams.

So my head was full of the courthouse drama
while I drank a little something (to clean stomach),
got a muscle shot on my arm (to slow stomach movement),
and sprayed anesthesia down my throat (to numb).

Then I gagged my way through the whole exam.

They say it's only about five minutes
but it was the longest five minutes of my life.

But guess what?

My doctor said my stomach and intestine
were both very beautiful.

She used the word Utsukushii (įžŽã—い).

But even more importantly
she said that I didn't need to take
the endoscope exam again until I'm forty.

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!


Oh and did I mention that my Ningen Dock
includes a lunch at Grand Hyatt Tokyo?

I chose The Oak Door and it was delicious!
(they even made my meal vegetarian.)





With no endoscope exam to dread
I'm actually looking forward to the next year's exam!



The Oak Door

Grand Hyatt Tokyo 6F
6-10-3 Roppongi
Minato-ku, Tokyo

03-4333-8784

Mon-Fri:( Lunch) 11:30am-2:30pm, (Dinner) 6pm-10pm
Sat, Sun, Holidays: (Lunch) 11:30am-3pm, (Dinner) 6pm-10pm
Bar: 11:30am-1am

Labels: , ,