The Homemade Granola Bars


It came to my attentiont that my 10 lb bag of oats
has not gotten that much use lately.

I mean, a girl can only eat so much oatmeal.

So I decided to make granola bars.
Because everyone loves granola bars.

And I could definitely use a quick snack to eat for breakfast.




Homemade Granola Bars
(adapted from Sprinkle With Flour)


Ingredients:


3/4 + 1/4 cups  oats
1/2 + 1/4 cup  cereal
1/2 cup  nuts
1/2 cup  raisins
1 tsp  baking soda
1/8 tsp  salt
2 tsp  vanilla extract
3/4 cup  flour
2 tbs  oil
5 tbs  honey
1/4 cup  maple syrup





Directions:


1.
Preheat oven to 180℃.
Place a cooking sheet on a pan (23x19).

2.
Mix the 3/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of cereal,
nuts and raisin in a food processor.
Or, in my case, chop chop away
old school with a knife.
Put in bowl.

3.
Add baking soda,
salt, vanilla, flour, oil, honey,
and maple syrup to the mix above.
Add the remaining 1/4 cup of oats
and 1/4 cup of cereal.
Mix well.

4.
Press mixture into pan.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or
until it's lightly browned on top.

5.
Remove from pan and let it cool.
Cut into bars and enjoy!



*I think next time I'm going to try it with
chocolate chips and marshmallows.

*I think I need to buy a food processor.
But chopping old school wasn't too bad.

Labels: ,