The Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles


Ever since I saw a photo of this building, I've wanted to go see it.

I mean, look at it. Doesn't it look like a great white castle on top of the hill, overlooking it's kingdom below? I can imagine horses carrying riders on their backs, thundering down the hill. Maybe it's just me. But it's a beautiful building that has a power to let your imagination flow.

The Griffith Observatory was opened to the public on May 14, 1935. Since then millions of people have come to enjoy the facility and the ever famous view of the city of Los Angeles. Personally, I had no idea it was such a tourist spot. But I can understand why everyone would want to come here.

For one, the view is amazing. We went during the day and the you could see the whole city spread out in front of you. Also, we went inside the observatory and that was fascinating as well. I especially loved the ceiling mural.

I was so busy taking everything in and catching up with my friends while enjoying the view that I didn't take as many pictures as I thought. I guess that just shows how much I liked being up there. Next time I want to go right before the sunset and enjoy the city lights at night. On a clear night, you can even get a chance to see the sky through a telescope. How awesome is that?

Here are some pictures:


Labels: , , ,