The Other Day in Chicago


Back in the city of Chicago.

Something about this city just makes me want to go shopping. It's weird. Maybe it's associated with all the shopping I did here when I was younger, or all the shopping I did just last year?

Either way, the minute I got back, I went straight to Starbucks to grab a drink (with my name on it!!!) and then ran over to my favorite store, Anthropologie. I literally want to live in this store, it's so great. They have everything from kitchenware to shoes to books and I love them all. It's probably a good thing for me that they don't have this store in Tokyo. Ha.

After my short shopping spree, I met up with my friends T and C and we went shopping for dinner at the local grocery store. It's sort of become a tradition to buy all the junk food I can't get in Japan and eat in at their place. It's the very best because we can talk and talk and talk, all the while petting Remy, their beautiful dog.

I always have so much fun with these two because they feel like family. The kind of family you really wished lived right down the street from you. x

Here are some pictures from that night:

My very first Starbucks cup with my name on it...chocolate chai is amazing!

Some of the buildings in Chicago are massive.

Remy has the cutest curly tail.

I've realized that walking the dog is also a great way to see the city!

Everyone takes a picture in front of this spot...as did we.

My aim is so bad when taking selfies but this is us playing tourists!

I love the pretty lights of The Chicago Theatre.

Having fun with Chicago street art.

How pretty is this skyline?

Did you know the name "L" train comes from the fact that it is "elevated?"

Chicago has a bike sharing system called Divvy, just like Amsterdam and New York!

My decadent carrot cake cupcake that I devoured.

So many types of cheese at the grocery store, it made me jealous.

The time flew by while we talked and Remy kept my feet warm by sitting on me. x

Labels: , , ,