The First Day in Yakushima


You guys...I took way too many photos.

It's taking me forever to narrow down my choices. Which is understandable because my best friend S and I had been planning this girls trip for a few months now. I hadn't been down to Kagoshima since her wedding three years ago, so when I told her I was coming for a short visit, she suggested we take a trip further south to Yakushima. Of course, I was all for it. I mean, it's been on my bucket list forever! So you understand why I ended up taking so many photos, right?

In the mean time, here are a few highlights from the first day of our trip to Yakushima!

The Rocket Jetfoil took us from Kagoshima port to Yakushima in two hours.

First thing we did was drive our rental car in search for food and we found this cafe!

Still itchy and puffy but happy as can be on to be on this island.

Yummy curry and pasta for brunch...we were pretty hungry.

We did a little shopping at Yakushima Messenger, an outdoor shop with hiking gear.

I bought a pair of socks for our hike the next day...too cute to resist!

We then stopped by a tiny cafe to drink Tankan juice and eat Kozuki Dango.

They look different but tasted just like the mu-chi we eat in Okinawa!

S and I always eat and drink our way through trips, no matter where we are! :D

We were in awe of this beautiful Toroki Waterfall (トローキの滝), which flows into the sea.

We also decided to take a canopy walk through the woods...fun but kind of scary.

But we got to see views like this above all the tall trees!

After that we stopped by a tea farm and had delicious green tea soft-serve...so good!
We finally headed back to Miyanoura to check-in to our lodge, which was right by the river.

I cannot recommend this lodge enough...such a great place to stay!

We took a little time to explore the area around our cabin.

Our cabin was so spacious and had the best view of the river outside our terrace.

Ferns and moss...I took thousands of pictures, I love them so.

Isn't this amazing? S and I decided to eat breakfast the next morning down by the river.

After checking-in our lodge, we drove out to Nagata Inaka-hama Beach.

It was too cold to swim but we had fun getting our feet wet and seeing the gorgeous sunset.

By the time we got back, it was pitch black. But we got to see fireflies in the woods!

We ended our long day soaking in the bath...so relaxing!


More to come soon...! x

Labels: , , ,