The Fun Rainy Day in Kobe


Remember how I was crossing my fingers we'd miss the typhoon?

Well, that didn't happen. Not that I'm complaining though, I love a good typhoon. And there will always be another high school baseball Koshien tournament. Maybe even my own high school will make it there someday! (You'd think with me attending two high schools, the chances for this would multiply...)


Best of all, the typhoon gave me a chance to just relax indoors with my amazing friends who braved the weather and came out to see me! Nothing beats that!


As often as I get on and off airplanes, it's rare that someone is waiting for me at the airport. I usually quickly get on a bus or train after I've gone through baggage claim. But this time, I got off the flight at Kobe Airport and my lovely friends were there waiting for me! Isn't that the best surprise?



We've mostly gotten together when they've been in Tokyo (here, here, and here) so it was fun getting a chance to get together in their beautiful city of Kobe this time. Well, we mostly just talked a lot while walking around or eating. But in all honesty, that's all I really need when I'm in good company!


Here are some photos:

I can't get enough of this handsome little man, he's grown so much!
Starting off the day right with Kobe coffee and waffles at UCC Cafe Plaza...YUM! 
We walked through Ikuta Shrine, exploring a bit of the city once the rain stopped.
Ikuta Shrine is one of the oldest shrines in the country, founded in the 3rd century.
Isn't this building so quirky? Shows us how to fold...the building? :D
For lunch I had this delicious couscous dish! Loved this Tunisian restaurant!
My lovely friends...best hosts ever! x
Once it started raining again, we headed to a shopping center. Specifically this gelato shop!
Here I'd just asked little A if he was ready to eat gelato...I think that smile says he was!
It took forever to choose but we adults settled on this!
How do I say delicious in French? It was so good!
A pretty sunset outside of our dinner restaurant.
The Hawaiian flavored coffee was delicious, especially this latte!
Had an amazing time because I got to spend the day with my favorite family in Kobe! x


UCC CAFE PLAZA
Kobe Kotsu Center 2F, 1-10-1 Sannomiya Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo JAPAN
兵庫県神戸市中央区三宮町1-10-1 神戸交通センタービル2F
TEL: 078-391-4057
OPEN: 8:00am-9:00pm

IKUTA SHRINE
1-2-1 Shimo-yamate-dori Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo JAPAN
兵庫県神戸市中央区下山手通1丁目2-1

MILKISSIMO
Hankyu Nishinomiy Gardens, 14-2 Takamatsu-cho, Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo JAPAN
兵庫県西宮市 高松町14−2 阪急西宮ガーデンズ
OPEN: 10:00am-9:00pm

MUU MUU DINER FINE HAWAIIAN CUISINE
Hankyu Nishinomiy Gardens, 14-2 Takamatsu-cho, Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo JAPAN
兵庫県西宮市 高松町14−2 阪急西宮ガーデンズ
OPEN: 11:00am-11:00pm

Labels: , , , ,