The Embiggen Books in Melbourne


I am smitten with Embiggen Books.

It may be the smell of books or just the inviting atmosphere but sometimes I will step into a bookstore and think, I could live here! This was definitely one of those bookstores. All I need is a small bed and a kitchenette in a corner somewhere.

Their selection of books is fantastic. Bookshelves cover most of the walls and if I could, I would've bought the store out. They have a large selection of books on science and art, which I thought was interesting. But they also have everything from gardening to psychology, pretty much every thing your bookworm heart desires and even more.


Usually I tend to glide over to the travel section, especially when I'm travelling. They also had a table full of books on Australia or by Australian authors, which was exactly what I was looking for. I like to buy a local book during my travels, sort of like a souvenir to remember the city by.

I'm still patting myself on the back because I somehow managed to only buy one book, which is a miracle. I'm green with envy of the people of Melbourne who get to step into this bookstore on a daily basis. Then again, if I were one of those people, I would be broke in a week...so I guess I should be thankful instead!

Isn't this bookstore is lovely though? What section would you beeline to? x

Here are some photos:



Before the bookstore photos, I wanted to share a hearty breakfast photo :)
Some things are the same in Tokyo and Melbourne...little sparrows fluttering about.
Their window display if full of eclectic books.
It's just one floor but full from floor to ceiling with books.
It's always fun reading about the places you're travelling.
I almost got this book until I realized I should probably watch the movie first!
What do you think about Embiggen Books?


EMBIGGEN BOOKS
197-203 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 AUSTRALIA
TEL: 03 9662 2062
HOURS: Mon-Tue 10:30am-6:30pm
                Thu-Fri 10:30am-7:00pm
                Sat-Sun 10:30am-5:00pm

Labels: ,