The 7 Things I Love About Singapore


So I'm finally sharing photos from my stay in Singapore!

I almost forgot about this trip. Which is ridiculous because I had the best time. After my trip in Melbourne, I had a layover in Singapore. So my friend R and I decided to take a day or two to explore and relax in Singapore before we head back home.

Best. Decision. Ever.

It seemed like the internet leaned toward "boring" when it comes to describing travel in Singapore. But I have to disagree because I had a blast. We didn't do anything especially exciting, but exploring the streets of Singapore was so much fun for me. So much to see in this little country. I was taking photos at every corner!

Here are some of the things I especially liked about Singapore:


1. The Airport - I've always liked airports but when one has unlimited free wifi, a swimming pool, AND a butterfly garden? I was in heaven and actually wished I had more time at the airport. Next time I am definitely trying out their swimming pool.



2. The Architecture - The buildings in Singapore were so beautiful! With many different cultures living amongst each other, it's inevitable that Singapore would have an abundance of unique architecture, both old and new. It made walking around the city all the more interesting!



3. The Tropical Weather - If humidity is not your thing, you may actually pass out in Singapore. But I am not one of those people and didn't mind the humidity that came with all the beauty of the tropics. Palm trees, year-round flowers, and best of all...no need to moisturize your skin morning, noon, and night (I'm looking at you, Tokyo)!



4. The Shops and Food - I found a treasure filled bookstore and an amazing cupcake shop on my first morning there! It was hard resisting the urge to buy and eat everything. But I quickly realized that I would need more than a couple of days to see and taste everything I wanted to. In that sense, the shopping and food scene are close to Tokyo with lots of variety!




5. The Transportation - Whether you take a taxi, train, or even a cable car...it was all easy peasy! The taxi drivers were the nicest people ever, giving us suggestions on where to go and answering our questions. So sweet. And there's also no need to worry about the smell of durian fruits on trains, it is apparently forbidden ;)  



6. The Pool - Because the cool summer messed with my plans to make this year all about swimming, nothing could have made me happier than an outdoor pool! And yes, I truly did swim in it, from one side to the other. I need this swimming pool in my back yard (which is also on my list of things I want)! 



7. The National Museum of Singapore - I didn't know very much about the history of Singapore, which is why  I was so happy to discover an exhibit about the history of Singapore here. It actually started the day before our visit. Our timing was seriously spot on!


Have you ever been to Singapore? What were your favorite things about Singapore?

Labels: , ,