The Valentine's Day Hearts


Nothing calms the soul like baking.

Every year I bake something sweet and make homemade cards for a certain few who feel that store-bought Valentine's Day chocolates are not meaningful enough for them. I have the quirkiest coworkers.

This year, I decided on bite size sugar cookies and had tons of fun with the frosting. What is it about gradations? I just love it.

If you've ever made frosted cookies, you'll know that frosting cookies can be time consuming. Even more so if you don't have professional frosting gear and have to use a butter knife. At the same time though, the quiet time just frosting one cookie after another can be quite therapeutic. 

Especially with Mairi Campbell singing in the background :) 

Happy Valentine's Day!



What is your favorite cookie recipe? I'd love recommendations!

Labels: